skip to Main Content

Flood Insurance

Most homeowner’s policies do not cover flood insurance! To protect your investment from damaging floods you will need to specifically purchase flood insurance. Flood insurance is available for most places in Montana through FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program or through private insurance. Any insurance agent can sell you flood insurance.

Flood insurance can be obtained within floodplain, but it will be MUCH more expensive than outside the floodplain. This is why it is important to talk to your insurance agent before building.

“Building on a floodplain is like pitching a tent on a highway with no car coming”

Flood insurance resources

FEMA FloodSmart – Evaluate your risk and learn about the National Flood Insurance Program

Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance has FAQs about flood insurance and a list of private options for buying flood insurance

Montana DNRC has more resources and tips for obtaining flood insurance

Protecting My Investments
1. Erosion Control
2. Failing Bank Protection
3. Alternatives to Bank Armor
4. Bank Armor
5. Vegetation and Landscaping
6. Flood Insurance
7. Protecting My Investment
Back To Top