skip to Main Content

Montana Land-use License or Easement on Navigable Water

This permit is required for any entity proposing a project on lands below the low water mark of navigable waters. For a list of waters classified as navigable, follow this link. For a full overview of the permit, click here or contact the entity below.

Contact: DNRC Land Office

OrSpecial Use Management Bureau Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation

1539 11th Ave, P.O. Box 201601

Helena, Montana 59620-1601

Phone: (406) 444-2074

Potential Permits Required
1. Tribal Aquatics Permit
2. Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act
3. Streamside Management Zone Law (SMZ)
4. Montana Land-use License or Easement on Navigable Water
5. Montana Point Discharge Elimination System (MPDES) Stormwater Permit
6. Water Rights Permitting
7. Fish Stocking Permit
8. Montana Floodplain and Floodway Management Act (Floodplain Development Permit)
9. Federal Clean Water Act (404 Act)
10. Short-term Turbidity (318 Permit)
11. Montana Streambed and Land Preservation Act (310 Permit)
12. Potential Permits Required
Back To Top